We are always looking for volunteers with a passion for making a difference. Our hard-working Vancouver team has room to grow as we continue to increase our impact. Become a member of our Board of Directors or a general volunteer. Don’t see your area of expertise below, but still want to make an impact?
Email email@example.com to find out more about how to get involved.
Who you are
You are passionate about conscious activism, International Development, Maternal Health and the Empowerment of Women on a global scale. Our ideal board member possesses:
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all staff and board members
- Interest in working in nonprofit and social innovation environment
- Deep interest in and passion for Maternal Health & International Development
- A team player and visionary with strong decision making skills
- Well developed communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Previous experience with a non-profit and/or Board of Directors and strategic planning an asset
Board Member Contributions
- Attend monthly board meetings held in Vancouver, in addition to occasional planning meetings and community and fundraising events.
- Take an active role in learning about and being committed to the Society’s mission, services, programs, policies and by-laws.
- Prepare for meetings by reviewing the agenda and reading background materials and contribute to discussions at meetings and in between meetings via email/phone.
- Engage in the planning and success of multiple fundraising events throughout the year.
- Play an active role in establishing and exceeding fundraising goals.
- Assist the Board and organization in carrying out its responsibilities and support and inspire staff in their goals.
- Represent Shanti Uganda, share our story and inspire others to act.
Your Qualifications and Experience
We welcome a diverse range of skills, experience and background, both professional and personal. Currently looking for those with experience and skills in the following areas:
- Human resources
- Event planning
- Charity law
- Financial management
- Communications and strategy
- Midwifery/maternal health
- International development
Benefits of Joining Our Team
- Make a sustainable, inspired, empowered contribution to the health and well being of Ugandan women and their communities. Witness the deep impact of your involvement on an ongoing basis.
- Have the opportunity to impact the mission of this organization at a critical time in its development.
- Join other dynamic leaders committed to global change and experience the power of deep, sustainable, conscious activism.
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter. Minimum commitment of two years is required.
We are currently looking for general volunteers to assist with:
- Administrative tasks
- Graphic design
- Google AdWords
- Marketing, social media, communications and PR
- Corporate and individual giving
- Video editing/creation
How To Apply
Please email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter. Minimum commitment of 6 months is required.