DONA International Doula Training
*Next Training Dates: October 2019. Instructor: To Be Announced*
Shanti Uganda invites you to join us at our Birth House for a once in a lifetime opportunity to connect, grow and learn on your journey to supporting birthing women. Join us for a 7-day DONA International Doula Training.
Special Retreat Activities
This is not your average doula training. Attendees get to experience the beauty and peace of Uganda while supporting our work with moms.
- Listen to our Head Midwife describe birthing practices in Uganda and her 30+ years of experience as a midwife
- Spend an afternoon with our resident Traditional Midwife/Doula at her home
- Track endangered rhinos on an afternoon walking safari
- Attend a traditional bonfire with our Shanti Uganda family
Who Should Attend
- Aspiring or existing doulas
- Anyone wanting to learn more about being a birth partner: sisters, grandmas, friends etc.
- Student midwives or those interested in a career in midwifery
- Birth workers of any kind
No experience necessary other than a passion for supporting birthing women and their families!
100% of the proceeds support Shanti Uganda’s work to improve infant and maternal health throughout Uganda. When you register for this training you are directly contributing to the health of moms and families in this community.
Non-East African Residents
- $250 USD nonrefundable, nontransferable deposit
- + $1750 USD Training Fee
- = $2,000 USD Total
East African Residents
- Special in country price of $700USD
- + $45 USD Optional add on for Rhino Safari
- + $100 USD Optional add on for First and Last Night’s Stay in Entebbe w/ Airport Transfer
- 5 Nights Accommodation – Single Room w/ contained bathroom
- 2 Nights Accommodation – Dorm style w/ shared bathroom
- In Country Travel (including transport to and from the airport)
- Most Meals
- DONA International® Certified Doula Training
- Course Manual & Certificate of Attendance
- Lecture with Shanti’s Head Midwife, Agriculturalist and Traditional Midwife
- Bonfire and traditional Ugandan drumming event
- Zhiwa Rhino Sanctuary Excursion
- Travel Medical Insurance
- Ugandan Tourist Visa ($50 USD)
- Vaccinations & Medications
- Personal Spending
- Additional Snacks & Drinks
Next training will take place in October/November 2019. Exact dates will be announced in January 2019.
Training leader to be announced in January 2019. Our group leaders are DONA International Certified Trainers with experience leading diverse groups and international trips.
How to Attend
For more information please fill out the form below and you will be contacted by a member of our team. Please feel free to reach out to with any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.