Spend 10 days learning, exploring and experiencing yoga! Wake up to the sounds of the jungle, learn about prenatal yoga under the canopy of a tree, see incredible wildlife and support an award winning organization on the trip of a lifetime.
Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
May 10th to 20th 2017 on the beautiful grounds of Shanti Uganda
The Shanti 40 Hour Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training in Uganda will immerse you in the prenatal experience from a holistic women’s health perspective while surrounded by the positive energy and wisdom of the midwives and mommas at the Shanti Uganda Birth House in Luwero, Uganda. The yoga sessions and lectures of this special training are woven into a journey of cultural immersion. No specific yoga experience is needed to take part. This exciting and life changing experience is for anyone interested in travel, cultural exchange, meeting new people, women’s health & wellness and yoga!
- The spiritual and mind-body aspects of pregnancy, birth, and women’s health & wellness
- Anatomy & physiology
- Physiology of pregnancy and childbirth
- Teaching techniques for every trimester and postpartum
- Yoga philosophy
- Yoga relaxation and visualization techniques
- Common prenatal conditions
- Postnatal yoga
- Perspectives on maternal health in Uganda, traditional birthing practices and herbs and teas for pregnancy from Shanti Uganda’s Head Midwife, Traditional Birth Attendant, and Agriculturalist
The unique setting on the grounds of the Shanti Uganda Birth House and garden provides the opportunity to explore rural Uganda, learn from Shanti Uganda’s knowledgeable staff, eat local cuisine, and experience Uganda knowing that your transportation, accommodation and meals are taken care of — leaving you to simply embrace the learning, growth and relaxation of this amazing retreat!
This Training is for:
- Anyone looking to deepen their knowledge of holistic women’s health/prenatal yoga and have the cultural experience of a lifetime.
- Any professional working with pregnant women who wishes to complement their professional work: doulas, midwives, nurses, doctors, childbirth educators, acupuncturists, physiotherapists, massage therapists etc.
- Training hours qualify as CEUs with DONA
- Teachers of yoga who want to deepen their understanding of the prenatal experience and develop confidence teaching prenatal classes.
- Training hours qualify as CEUs with Yoga Alliance
How to Attend
For more information, including how to register for our training, please fill out this form and you will be contacted by our Director of Business Operations, Kate Hyde. Please feel free to reach out to her for any questions or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All of the proceeds of this trip support Shanti Uganda’s work to improve infant and maternal health, provide safe woman-centered care, and support the wellbeing of birthing mothers in the District of Luwero, Uganda. When you register for this course you are directly contributing to the improvement of infant and maternal health in this community.
Total program fees are $2675 CAD. A $500 nonrefundable, nontransferable deposit is required upon registration to reserve your spot.
Scholarships available, apply here for $1000 off our fee to facilitate your attendance.
Included in Price:
- Eleven Nights Accommodation (double occupancy)
- In Country Travel (including transport to and from the airport)
- Most Meals
- A 40 Hour, Yoga Alliance Registered, Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training
- Course Manual & Certificate
- Processing & Journaling Sessions
- Lecture with Shanti’s Head Midwife, Agriculturalist and Traditional Birth Attendant
- Bonfire and traditional Ugandan drumming event
- Zhiwa Rhino Sanctuary Entrance Fee
- Overnight stay at the Uganda Wildlife Education Center in Entebbe
Not Included in Price:
- Medical Insurance
- Inoculations & Medications
- Personal Spending
- Additional Snacks/Drinks
Bobby Bessey, B.Sc., ERYT 500, RPYT, Doula CD(DONA), HBCE HypnoBirthing Educator
Bobby specializes in prenatal yoga classes and birth education. She is a birth doula, HypnoBirthing instructor, registered prenatal yoga instructor (RYPT), and mother of two. Pulling from more than a decade of instructing prenatal yoga classes and providing birth support Bobby creates informative, insightful and practical prenatal yoga classes that incorporate birth preparation themes. Her popular classes teach prenatal moms to strengthen their body and mind as they prepare for beautiful pregnancy, birth and motherhood experiences. Bobby’s passion for making pregnancy and birth the enjoyable and sacred experience it is meant to be is obvious in her positive and inspiring approach to instruction.
Bobby studied birth support at Shanti Uganda in the Fall of 2012 and was so moved by the experience that she returns as often as she can fit it into her busy life of teaching and being a mom to two young boys. Through her prenatal yoga teacher training program she hopes to foster an understanding of how to effectively support women to have healthy, fear-free, mindful pregnancies and births.