Expand Our Birth House
Since opening our doors in 2010, we’ve supported over 1,300 births at our Birth House and never lost a mother. In Uganda, women have a 1 in 22 chance of dying from pregnancy and birth related complications and 98% of these deaths are completely preventable. Our collaborative care model, emphasizing evidence based, respectful care provided by trained Ugandan midwives saves lives.
2018 will be a landmark year for Shanti Uganda – thanks to a generous partnership with LUSH Cosmetics Charity Pot Program, we are expanding our Birth House to serve more women in our community! We are working closely with our staff, other health professionals, funding partners and community stakeholders to create a sustainable, values aligned building plan.
The LUSH Partnership will cover all building expenses, but we still need your help to raise $5,000 to furnish the new building – please donate today and help:
- Provide new antenatal, postnatal and birth beds for new building
- Provide sheets, towels and blankets for birthing mothers
- Provide in-built shelving units for supplies
- Provide plumbing and sinks for new building
- Provide benches and chairs for intake and counselling areas
- Improve solar power grid
- Provide solar powered ultrasound machine
- Provide cleaning supplies
- Provide life-saving mosquito nets
- Provide filing cabinets and office supplies for record keeping