Expand Our Birth House
Since opening our doors in 2010, we’ve supported over 1,200 births at our Birth House and never lost a mother. In Uganda women have a 1 in 22 chance of dying from pregnancy and birth related complications and 98% of these deaths are completely preventable. Our collaborative care model, emphasizing evidence based, respectful care provided by trained Ugandan midwives saves lives.
2018 will be a landmark year for Shanti Uganda – our goal is to expand our Birth House and serve more women in our community. We are working closely with our staff, other health professionals, funding partners and community stakeholders to create a sustainable, values aligned building plan.
We need your help to get there – please donate today and help:
- Improve and increase number of Birth Rooms
- Improve laboratory and vaccination storage
- Improve reception and intake areas
- Upgrade solar power system
- Upgrade medical equipment
- Create more private antenatal areas
- Create new staff kitchen and break room
- Improve storage for medical supplies
- Improve records storage and administrative space